The Bee Course– Ohio’s Premier Pollinators
Friday, June 01 – Sunday, June 3, 2018
The Bee Course – Ohio’s Premier Pollinators
Bee Ecology, Natural History, Conservation & Identification
with bee experts, Olivia Carril, Author of Bees in Your Backyard & Denise Ellsworth, Ohio Bee and Pollinator Educator at the Ohio State University.
What to Bring:
- A good quality set of binoculars. If they can focus fairly close.
- Personal care items; soap, shampoo, etc. (towels, linens, and tissue are provided in the lodges).
- Informal outdoor clothing for both wet and dry weather.
- Sunscreen and a light-weight broad-banded hat to cover your head.
- Sunglasses if sensitive to bright sunlight.
- Sturdy hiking shoes and at least one pair of lighter shoes.
- Both shorts and lightweight pants.
- Flashlight – VERY important! It’s dark here at night as we keep night lights to a minimum.
- Your own first aid kit appropriate to your needs.
- Pocket money for snacks or gift shop purchases.
- Optional: Insect repellent.
- Optional: Spray bottle for misting yourself in hot weather if you are very sensitive to heat. Instant air conditioning!
Held at the Highlands Nature Sanctuary with field trips to other Arc preserves
- $325/person includes six meals and all curriculum.
- Optional lodging at the Highlands Nature Sanctuary –
- $35/night per person shared; $65/night private.